Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Come back to me




You thought you were so clever, leaving like that to see how long it would take me to notice you were gone.

I know I haven't been spending as much time with you as I should, as I said I would, but that's no excuse for leaving without a word, or an image as is more your style.

Last Sunday I looked for you. Yes! I had a Valentine for you. It was something worthy of sharing with you, but I already ate it. Sorry. It was delicious.

You're going to miss even more if you don't come back soon, Camera. Either you turn up by tomorrow evening, or I won't take you to Colombia.

Have you forgotten what it's like in Barranquilla? Remember the sun? It's bright and it spills light everywhere making colors come out of hiding. Green in particular. Remember green? You used to love it, Camera.

Then theres all the food. Forget apples and bananas. Think níspero, maracuyá, corozo, guayaba, curuba, tamarindo. Do you really want to miss all that? It used to make your shutter tremble in excitement.

Look, Camera. I understand you're upset. I'm sorry. I promise things will be better once things calm down at work come spring.

It looks like you're going to miss The Frosty Ball tonight, but don't let pride come between us. You know you want this as much as I do. We'll go to the beach and you can take some panoramic pictures of the Caribbean Sea.

You'll be able to let your focus play with close-ups of ginger blossoms, and I promise to let you zoom all you want.

I miss you. Camera, please come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment