Sunday, February 7, 2010

Better when we're together



When my pocket buzzed at around six on Friday evening, I ignored it and continued working. I had gotten an email from Mike's Tech Shop telling me Mac would be ready on Saturday by 5pm, so I assumed the phone call was from a friend I'd be meeting shortly. I was up to my gills in a client's year-end tax preparation and needed to focus in wrapping things up.

A little over an hour later, I checked the message - Mac was ready to come home. Though the shop was closed, they waited for me and opened when I banged on the door, eager to be reunited with Mac.

Mac and Mike got along very well, and Mac had nothing but good things to say about Mike and his crew. Staying at Mike's was like spending a weekend at a fancy bed & breakfast, where you can get a cozy bed and buckwheat pancakes with a smile, instead of a cookie-cutter room and continental breakfast. Though service through the genius bar had been great, it was just that - service. Mac felt that staying at Mike's had been more like hanging out with a pal.

And it was cheaper than Tekserve.

With his renewed youthfulness and vigor and the wannabe blizzard raging outside, we've barely made it out of bed. The weekend has gone by in a blur, but now it's time for things to get back to normal.

For a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment