Tuesday, December 15, 2009

High hopes



I haven't been able to shake the something I started fighting last week. It managed to lodge itself deep in my chest and cook up a batch of green rice pudding. Though I've been coughing enough to give nineteenth century heroines a run for their money, besides some soreness in the chest I actually feel fine.

Oh, and I have no voice.

Other than that, I'm peachy.

But, in the interest of getting better on time for my birthday, I skipped my broomball game tonight. It was a very hard decision to make but I was threatened by my Manisha and Lizz and told I had to rest.

And so I'm here, blogging about broomball instead of playing broomball as I wait for the result of the game. The pictures - courtesy of NYCSSC - are from last week's game against Gotham Blades. Yes. Last week. This ain't twitter folks. I'm the one in the highlighter yellow pants.

We lost.

We haven't won a game this season yet. But we will. I know we will. Maybe even tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Majo!

    ...except against The Secret Agents, of course...

    ReplyDelete