Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A judge, a mullet, a coffin




As part of the Celebrate Divorce festivities, I spent the day yesterday undergoing name reduction surgery. It took four and a half hours but it was painless and I have no noticeable side effects.

The procedure took place at the Kings County civil court. It involved repeated shuttling between the 9th, 3rd, and 11th floors, plus visits to the bank, kinko's, a deli/notary, and the Downtown Brooklyn offices of the Brooklyn Papers.

I got to see female mullets and mu-mus in numbers I hadn't seen since last time I went to Six Flags, but the weirdest sight was this:



All the meters were taken when I first noticed it, but as I stopped to stare a car left the parking spot in front and another pulled in.

The meter was running.

No comments:

Post a Comment