Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Roommate



For three weeks I didn't have to worry about being ambushed with homemade meals, Brooklyn wildlife moving in, or Santa taking up residence in my planter. Then last night it all started up again: my neighbors are back from Australia.

When I got home late from the broomball game against the Secret Agents (3-1 loss), I found this little guy waiting for me, begging for shelter. I let him in and showed him to a cozy spot in the bookcase where he could sleep nestled by my wayward gloves. We shared a cup of hot chocolate before tucking in. He was still wired from the jetlag and wanted to hear all about the game but I told him he'd have to wait because I was tired and had to get up early for work.

I have the best neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment